Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Aliens! And Sunflowers.

I went to Sally on Monday and FINALLY picked up a teeny tiny sable brush so I could do more detail work on nails. Since my younger sister also happens to play the role of guinea pig for all of my attempts at beautician practice, I used her nails to play with my new brush.

First, I did some sunflowers and a ladybug on the thumb of her right hand:



Which she liked. Then I asked her what she wanted, and she thought for a little bit. "Can you do opposite sunflowers?" So, I painted negatives of the sunflowers on her left hand. She looked at them and said, "They look like flames. Like aliens are attacking."

And so we ended up with this:



You can't really see it, but in the left corner of her pinkie, I painted a little green alien. She loves them, and I'm pretty happy with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment